Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing
We aspire to commence Post Basic B. Sc Nursing Course as the demand for skilled nursing professionals, has risen across the globe and a degree in nursing is seen today, has a plenty of opportunities to build a rewarding career. Awareness regarding, degree in nursing is very high now. Keeping these requirements in mind Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Programme has been designed to meet the change in demands on health care.
The graduate on completion of the Post Basic B. Sc Nursing course demonstrates ability to :
1. Impart quality care based on Nursing Process to individuals, families and community
2. Teach formally and informally in classroom, hospital and community settings.
3. Demonstrate leadership qualities in Nursing services and Nursing Education.
4. Take active interests in updating professional knowledge through continuing education
5. Show beginning skill in conducting Nursing Research.
A candidate seeking admission should have :-
• Candidate should have passed Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery course recognized by the Indian Nursing Council and concerned State Councils with minimum of 50% marks in aggregate after having passed +2/Equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as optional subjects. No rounding off of the percentage of marks to the nearest whole number is permitted. Candidates should have attained the academic eligibility on or before the last date specified for submission of application.
• Candidates shall have obtained registration with the Kerala Nurses and Midwives Council and copy of the registration certificate is to be submitted at the time of submission of application.
• Candidates shall have obtained registration with the concerned State Nursing Council and copy of the registration certificate is to be submitted at the time of submission of application. However such candidates shall have to produce their registration certificate in original from the Kerala State Nursing Council at the time of securing admission.
The upper age limit for General candidates shall be 45 years and for Service candidates 48 years as on the last date for submission of application.
The Post Basic B. Sc Nursing Degree course is a professional programme of 2 years with University exams at the end of Year.
A minimum of 80% of attendance in both theory and practical in each subjects is required for appearing in the university exams. No condonation allowed for attendance shortage. However 100% of attendance for practical before the award of degree.
1. University examinations will be conducted at the end of each year.
2. Candidates shall register for all parts of the examinations in their first appearance.
3. Candidate who have undergone the prescribed course of study of the year only can appear for the examinations. No candidate shall be admitted to any part of the examinations unless he or she has secured a minimum of 80% or above attendance for classes as well as practical in each subjects. If any Candidates not having at the minimum class average marks (internal assessment) of 50% he or she shall not be allowed to appear for the University examination in any subject of that particular year of study. Calculations of internal marks shall be based on the on going and continuous process.